In the Absence of the Sacred: The Failure of Technology and the Survival of the Indian Nations
by Mander, Jerry
- Very Good +/Very Good
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Random House, Inc., 1991. First U.S. Edition 1st Printing. Hardcover. Very Good +/Very Good. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. 446pp w appendix, bibliography and index. Tan boards, brown cloth quarterwrap spine w gold lettering. Very light shelf wear, light bumping to head and tail. Binding square and sound. Titled DJ is clean showing light handling and corresponding bumping to head. DJ now preserved in archival cover. Octavo: 23.5 x 16cm.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Post Horizon Booksellers (CA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- In the Absence of the Sacred: The Failure of Technology and the Survival of the Indian Nations
- Mander, Jerry
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good +
- Jacket Condition
- Very Good
- Quantity Available
- First U.S. Edition 1st Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Random House, Inc.
- Place of Publication
- San Francisco
- Date Published
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9&f
- Indians - Social conditions. Indians - Land tenure. Indians - Civil rights. Technology - Social aspects. Technology - Moral and ethical aspects. NOISBN Native American Studies
- Bookseller catalogs
- First Nations / Native Studies;
Terms of Sale
Post Horizon Booksellers
Payment by Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal; cheques accepted with delayed shipping. Institutions may be billed according to their requirements. Postage and handling are at cost. For oversize and heavier books, please inquire as to actual shipping cost. All of our orders - domestic and international - are shipped by a service that provides you with tracking. It does cost more but with tracking we can be confident you will receive your book, and sooner. We are diligent to keep our listings up to date, however , as we are a bricks-and-mortar bookstore, items may sell off the shelf concurrently with an order being placed online so all our listings are subject to prior sale. We will contact you if this occurs so you can cancel the order.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2021
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Ask Seller a Question
About Post Horizon Booksellers
Established in 2008, Post Horizon Booksellers takes pride in our selection and the condition of our books We have over 23,000 titles to choose from (many more than listed online), all neatly categorized and most alphabetized by author. For local shopping, we are open for instore browsing. In accordance with current public health precautions against the spread of the C19 virus, masks are manditory and we are limited to five persons in the store at one time. We offer "shelf isolation" if you are at risk and would enjoy a solitary browse. Please phone (306 693 4243) to arrange a time, or for pickup or delivery options as available. You may also contact us through the store webpage posthorizonbooks.ca
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The heel of the spine.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....