The Age of Mountaineering
by ULLMAN, James Ramsey
- Very Good with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Company. Very Good with no dust jacket. 1964. Hardcover. Stated second printing of author's work, which chronicles worldwide mountaineering, including the climbing of Mount Everest. With maps at endpapers showing comparative heights of peaks on various continents, and with numerous b&w photo, additional maps, tables and backmatter with further mountaineering information and index. --- In blue and beige cloth-covered boards w/titling in white and gilt on spine. Lacks the dust jacket. --- With sunning to spine and gift inscription to half title page, else a clean, sturdy copy.; Tall Octavo (9 to 10 in. tall); 364 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Age of Mountaineering
- ULLMAN, James Ramsey
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good with no dust jacket
- J. B. Lippincott Company
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Outdoor Pursuits & Recreation;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at... [More]