Anecdotes of Painting in England; With Some Account of the Principal Artists; and Incidental Note on Other Arts; Collected by the Late Mr. George Vertue;
by Walpole, Horace
- See description
San Anselmo, California
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Heldfond Book Gallery, ABAA-ILAB (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Anecdotes of Painting in England; With Some Account of the Principal Artists; and Incidental Note on Other Arts; Collected by the Late Mr. George Vertue;
- Walpole, Horace
- Lavishly bound in full scarlet tri-gilt ruled straight grain morocco. Gilt-ruled spine compartments with ornate gilt-tooled fleu
- Book condition
- The Shakespeare Press, by W. Nichol, for John Major, Fleet-Street.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- 5 volumes, complete as issued.
Terms of Sale
Heldfond Book Gallery, ABAA-ILAB
The Heldfond Book Gallery is an elected member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers and conforms to all ethical codes and standards of those organizations.Books found to be materially mis-described may be returned within seven days of receipt and all monies will be promptly refunded, if returned to us in the same condition as sent.
About the Seller
About Heldfond Book Gallery, ABAA-ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]