by George Orwell
- near fine
- Near Fine/Very Good
BATH, Somerset, United Kingdom
Standard delivery: 2 to 4 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Animal Farm is a dystopian novella by George Orwell. Published in England on 17 August 1945, the book reflects events leading up to and during the Stalin era before World War II. Orwell, a democratic socialist and a member of the Independent Labour Party for many years, was a critic of Joseph Stalin and was suspicious of Moscow-directed Stalinism after his experiences with the NKVD during the Spanish Civil War.
Read More: Identifying first editions of Animal Farm
George Orwell is an author everyone must have the experiencing of reading. In this short novel, Orwell satirically criticises the Russian Revolution as well as other forms of government in the portrayal of animals to overthrow the human owner of a farm and begin to outline rules they must live by to be happy and free. This text covers topics of betrayal, leadership, honesty, and dishonesty. Orwell has always been ahead of his time, and this text exemplifies that in his advanced understanding of human behavior. I would say this is a must read, especially for those interested in politics and philosophy. Great book.
This book is absolutely wonderful. It is a fantastic read for many audiences that holds a strong historical meaning.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Rooke Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Animal Farm
- George Orwell
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket Condition
- Very Good
- Quantity Available
- Harcourt, Brace and Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- 7.5" by 5"
- Animal Farm george orwell satire 1984 george orwell farm orwellian
Terms of Sale
Books are sent on approval and may be returned in like condition for any reason within 14 days of receipt. Responsibility of return to be with the purchaser.
About the Seller
About Rooke Books
We are a small team dedicated to bringing you very scarce books at reasonable prices. We specialise in rare and hard to come by works on all subjects over the last 500 years, together with modern first editions and decorative sets and bindings. Our library has something for every interest and specialism. We deliver worldwide using a fully tracked and insured courier delivery service.
Where are We?
Based in the literary city of Bath, our offices are housed in the Eastern Dispensary. Built in 1845, the building originally existed as a charitable institution providing medical care. The building now houses our collection of over twenty thousand books and has five full time members of staff.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The page on the right side of a book, with the term Verso used to describe the page on the left side.
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Publisher's cloth
- A hardcover book comprised of cloth over hard pasteboard boards. ...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
Frequently asked questions
This Book’s Categories
- Fiction & Literature Action & Adventure
- Fiction & Literature Fiction by Region British Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Classic Literature
- Fiction & Literature English Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Literary Studies Literary Criticism
- Fiction & Literature Modern Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Science Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Fantasy