Apologia Pro Vita Sua (Modern Library #113.3)
by NEWMAN, John Henry Cardinal
- Near Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Modern Library / Random House. Near Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket. [c.1962]. Hardcover. A Modern Library edition offering an autobiography by England's John Henry Cardinal Newman (1801-1890). This work arose from a dispute with Charles Kingsley of the Anglican Church which also led to Newman's departure from the Anglican Church to the Roman Catholic Church. The title of this work roughly translates into English as "In Defense of My Own Life." Cardinal Newman was canonized as a saint of the Catholic Church in 2019. With an introduction by Anton C. Pegis. --- In Toledano spine 8 / red cloth / gilt titling on black spine & cover blocks / black topstain / grey Kent endpapers / jacket style i, verso lists 408 titles in ML catalog. Likely published c.1962 (though 1950 date appears in book). ML #113.3. --- An excellent copy: clean, tightly-bound and unmarked. Unclipped dust jacket with inked price to flap & faint discoloration, otherwise bright, newish and wrapped in removable archival mylar protector.; 12mo 7" - 7-1/2" tall; xiv, 430 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Apologia Pro Vita Sua (Modern Library #113.3)
- NEWMAN, John Henry Cardinal
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket
- The Modern Library / Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir; >>Religion and Spirituality;
- X weight
- in x in x in
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.