APPEAL FROM THE AMERICAN PRESS TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. IN BEHALF OF JOHN BRATISH ELIOVICH, LATE A MAJOR GENERAL IN THE SERVICE OF HER MOST CATHOLIC MAJESTY, THE QUEEN OF SPAIN: K.C.C. K.L.H. &C. AND NOW AN AMERICAN CITIZEN
by Neal, John
- See description
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The writer-- a poet, editor, and literary critic-- denounces the "atrocious calumnies of the American Press (instigated by Henry McIlvaine and John Stille, Jr., Attornies at Law of the Philadelphia Bar)" for its vicious treatment of Eliovich.
McIlvaine and Stille pursued him vindictively for payment of small debts, with "shamefully and wilfully false accusations," abusing legal processes and causing his arrest on bogus charges. Neal defends him in this unusually detailed report.
FIRST EDITION. AI 40-4845 . BAL 14892.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- David M. Lesser, Fine Antiquarian Books LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- APPEAL FROM THE AMERICAN PRESS TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. IN BEHALF OF JOHN BRATISH ELIOVICH, LATE A MAJOR GENERAL IN THE SERVICE OF HER MOST CATHOLIC MAJESTY, THE QUEEN OF SPAIN: K.C.C. K.L.H. &C. AND NOW AN AMERICAN CITIZEN
- Neal, John
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Printed at the Argus Office.
- Place of Publication
- Portland, Maine
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
David M. Lesser, Fine Antiquarian Books LLC
All items guaranteed as described, and subject to prior sale. Any item returnable for any reason within ten days after receipt, in same condition as sent, for refund of purchase price. My liability limited to purchase price paid. Wrappers described when present; 'dbd' means disbound. Non-U.S. shipments charged at cost. We observe all customs regulations.
About the Seller
About David M. Lesser, Fine Antiquarian Books LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Bibliography of American Literature (commonly abbreviated as BAL in descriptions) is the quintessential reference work for any...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.