by RAND, Ayn
- A near-fine copy, the cloth fresh and gilt bright with just the slightest toning to board edges, some light rippling of paper on
Ardsley, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Atlas Shrugged is a novel by Ayn Rand, first published in 1957 in the United States. This was Rand's fourth, longest and last novel, and she considered it her magnum opus in the realm of fiction writing. As indicated by its working title The Strike, the book explores a dystopian United States where leading innovators, ranging from industrialists to artists, refuse to be exploited by society.
Atlas Shrugged is perhaps the greatest, most revealing novel ever written. It is larger than life, and a truly philosophical, dramatic, exalting, and suspenseful read.
A life changimg read.
If you liked The Fountainhead but thought the philosophy took a back seat to character development and plot, Atlas Shrugged is great - not concerning itself with such outmoded details like characters who might exist and avoiding exposition, Atlas Shrugged is the most pedantic, two-dimensional book ever. Huzzah.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Riverrun Books & Manuscripts (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Atlas Shrugged
- RAND, Ayn
- Book condition
- Used - A near-fine copy, the cloth fresh and gilt bright with just the slightest toning to board edges, some light rippling of paper on
- Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Riverrun Books & Manuscripts
All items are guaranteed as described and are returnable within 30 days. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (914) 478-1339 to initiate your return. In your e-mail, please include your name, item(s), and reason for return.
Overseas orders should specify shipping preference.
All postage is extra.
New clients are requested to send remittance with your orders. Libraries may apply for deferred billing.
All New York residents must add appropriate sales tax.
We accept PayPal, American Express, Master Card and Visa.
All items are subject to prior sale; prices are subject to change.
About the Seller
About Riverrun Books & Manuscripts
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]