The Attaché; or Sam Slick in England (New Revised Edition)
by [HALIBURTON, Thomas Chandler]
- Good+ with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Dick and Fitzgerald. Good+ with no dust jacket. [c.1870s-1900s]. Hardcover. An undated, revised edition of Thomas Chandler Haliburton's humorous 1843 novel. This work was one of several featuring the author's Sam Slick character, whose sayings became popular. Some of them, such as "it's raining cats and dogs", "quick as a wink", and "facts are stranger than fiction", though attributed to Sam Slick, probably preceded him. Haliburton was a Nova Scotia judge who emigrated to England. His name does not appear in this book, which might have been published c.1870s-1900s. --- In gold cloth covers with illustrations and titling in blind to cover and spine. An entry in publisher's "Library of Sam Slick's Works". --- The covers are coated in clear hard shell glaze and spine titling isn't especially readable. Interior is relatively bright, but with usual foxing to leaves, darkened corner of front cover. Front free endpaper with a couple of open tears; dampstains to most leaves. Scarce in this edition.; 12mo (7 to 7-1/2 in. tall); 359 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Attaché; or Sam Slick in England (New Revised Edition)
- [HALIBURTON, Thomas Chandler]
- Book condition
- Used - Good+ with no dust jacket
- Dick and Fitzgerald
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]