The Beloved Land. (Presentation copy: inscribed to Judy Stone by author Vladimir Dedijer, and dated 1963, San Francisco. Also signed by Judy Stone. Additionally, newsclippings and six signed letters from Vladimir Dedijer to Judy Stone; five letters are handwritten, and one is typed.)
by Vladimir Dedijer
- See description
San Francisco, California
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Simon and Schuster, 1961. Autographed. 8vo. 374 pp. Very Good. Hard Cover. Beige cloth covered boards. Dust Jacket Good, with significant wear and some rips. DJ unclipped. Signed by author on title page. Signed by Judy Stone on front free end paper. Five handwritten signed letters laid in. Plus one typed signed letter laid in, where author is reflecting on the recent loss of his mother.Provenance: from the Estate of Judy Stone (1924 -2017), The San Francisco Chronicle's movie critic who for two decades was a passionate and articulate advocate for the world of cinema outside Hollywood. Judy Stone started at the San Francisco Chronicle in 1961, putting in 10 years as editor of the Datebook section. She began reviewing films for the paper in 1971, favoring arthouse films.She was the youngest of four politically minded children whose eldest brother was the great reporter and gadfly I. F. Stone.She won the Novikoff Award given for "enhancing the public's appreciation of world cinema." Among her publications are "The Mystery of B. Traven" and "Eye on the World," a collection of her interviews with filmmakers from the 1960s to the 1990s.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Alan Wofsy Fine Arts (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Beloved Land. (Presentation copy: inscribed to Judy Stone by author Vladimir Dedijer, and dated 1963, San Francisco. Also signed by Judy Stone. Additionally, newsclippings and six signed letters from Vladimir Dedijer to Judy Stone; five letters are handwritten, and one is typed.)
- Vladimir Dedijer
- Book condition
- New York: Simon and Schuster, 1961
Terms of Sale
Alan Wofsy Fine Arts
Payment by credit cards or other means. 20% charge for returns,unless item is misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2006
San Francisco, California
Ask Seller a Question
About Alan Wofsy Fine Arts
Open 10:30- 17:00 Monday-Friday. Antiquarian books, Art books, Graphics, Posters, Autographs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]