by Fleming, Peter
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Limited edition of 150 copies, this being number 82. Queen Anne Press. London. 2010. Octavo. 364pp. Limitation leaf tipped in. Frontis. portrait photo., further photo plates. Original green cloth, gilt to spine and upper board. Endpaper maps.
First published in 1933 this edition includes new photos from Fleming's album of the expedition and his own corrections. "The fate of Colonel Percy Fawcett, distinguished explorer and mystic, who vanished in the Mato Grosso region of Brazil in 1925 while in search of El Dorado, or the City of Z as he called it, has never ceased to intrigue and to inspire…Peter Fleming, my father, was a precocious young man of 24 when he embarked for Brazil…"
Brazilian Adventure is a book by Peter Fleming about his search for the lost Colonel Percy Fawcett in the Brazilian jungle. Fawcett along with his son and another companion had disappeared while searching for the Lost City of Z in 1925. Fleming was working as literary editor for The Times when he answered a small ad asking for volunteers to join an expedition to find out what had happened to Fawcett. The story of Fleming's 1932 expedition is told in Brazilian Adventure.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Brazilian Adventure
- Fleming, Peter
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- Limited edition
- Queen Anne Press
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- 0.00 lbs
- Fawcett, Brazil. El Dorado, Mato Grosso
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Americas and Caribbean; Christmas gift ideas; Fine Bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged, when reported promptly upon receipt. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature may be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost.
Regrettably, customers may find that there may be delays in delivery due to the current situation. We regret that we cannot be responsible for taxes or duties imposed in the customer's country.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...
- Tipped In
- Tipped In is used to describe something which has been glued into a book. Tipped-in items can include photos, book plates,...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...