Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
This early novel from bestselling author James Lee Burke is a gritty coming-of-age story about a young Kentucky miner growing up in the Appalachian mountains whoâÈçs torn between his family life and the lure of the city. James Lee Burke, a writer who âÈêcan touch you in ways few writers canâÈë ( The Washington Post ) brings his brilliant feel for time and place to this stunning story of Appalachia in the early 1960s. Here, Perry Woodson Hatfield James, a young man torn between family honor and the lure of seedy watering holes, must somehow survive the tempestuous journey from boyhood to manhood and escape the dark and atavistic heritage of the Cumberland Mountains.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Pat Cramer, Bookseller (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- To the Bright and Shining Sun
- Burke, James Lee
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- First Edition/First Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Pat Cramer, Bookseller
I accept cash, checks, money orders and bank cards. International orders paid by check must be made out to a United States bank branch. International orders paid by money order must be a postal money order made out in United States dollars. You can return any book that you purchase from me if you are not satisfied with it.
About the Seller
About Pat Cramer, Bookseller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- trade paperback
- Used to indicate any paperback book that is larger than a mass-market paperback and is often more similar in size to a hardcover...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]