Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Short Hills NJ: Ridley Enslow, 1978. First edition thus. Hardcover. Fine/fine. First hardcover edition, preceded by the Ace paperback. This appears to be an early effort of what became the Enslow Publishing Company, which does books for grades K-12. Under the name of Ridley Enslow Publishing, they seem to have done just a handful of books in 1977-78, of which this may be the only work of fiction (and is very likely their only book of science fiction). This is a fine copy, in an unclipped (and unpriced) dustjacket -- tight and clean. It's not a common book, and the reason these people published it seems to appear on the jacket flap: the American Library Association proclaimed it one of the top 24 books for young adults published in 1977. Enslow apparently decided that it deserved to have a hardcover, and put money where his thoughts went. tw - no idea whence
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Uncommon Sense (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
- Robinson, Spider
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- First edition thus
- Ridley Enslow
- Place of Publication
- Short Hills NJ
- Date published
- science fiction collection campbell analog
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2008
Ask Seller a Question
About Uncommon Sense
Long term collector, thirty-year veteran of storefront operations, now selling for himself on the internet. Specializing in science fiction, fantasy, and mystery, with a few oddities that don't fall in that area.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]