Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York, NY : Julian Messner, Inc, 1947 Julian Messner, Inc, New York. 1947. Hardcover. Book Club Edition. Book is tight, square, and unmarked. Book Condition: Good; bumped head, tail, and tips; mottling of board surfaces; moisture spots on tinted textblock top. DJ: Fair; moisture spots on spine; missing small pieces at head and tail; wear at tips and flap folds. Red cloth boards and spine with tarnished gilt lettering on the spine. Pictorial endpapers. Clean internals. Internal hinges are sound. Tinted textblock top. 435 pp 8vo. The story is set in the war time in France. It begins as WWI ends and continues through WWII. It is the story of a Red Cross worker (Constance Galt), who meets and falls in love with a handsome French calvalry officer (Tristain de Fremoud) and soon marries. Their happiness is complete until WWII calls the officer back to war and she returns to hospital duties where the book introduces an entire cast of French and German characters. Constance lives in her husband's ancestral chateau throughout the German occupation and gives to the French character who endured the war and its sacrifices. A testament to the French character. A clean presentable copy.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Walnut Valley Books/Books by White (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Came, a Cavalier
- Frances Parkinson Keyes
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- Book Club Edition
- Julian Messner, Inc
- Place of Publication
- New York, NY
- Date published
- World War I, World War II, France, German Occupations, French hospitals, French character, war brides, military fiction, war fiction,
- Bookseller catalogs
- Military Fiction;
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Walnut Valley Books/Books by White
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or in the unfortunate event, damaged. All books are packed and wrapped with care to avoid shifting during shipment and edge/tip strikes during the mailing process.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2018
Ask Seller a Question
About Walnut Valley Books/Books by White
Walnut Valley Books is a small independent home-based business with the bulk of my holdings being of an American military nature covering everything from the Revolutionary War to the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I also have holdings of books on the Middle East, the southwestern United States (New Mexico especially, Kansas related titles, Oklahoma related titles, and other regionally specialized books. All of my holdings are hand-selected to be good quality books of interest to the reader, historian, or the collector. In addition to the above, you will also find a wide range of other topics such as Medical, US History, autobiographical, biographical, sports, women's studies, and many other eclectic topics.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- book club edition
- A generic term denoting a book which was produced or distributed by one of any number of book club organizations. Usually the...[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]