Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Cat in the Hat is a children's book by Dr. Seuss, featuring a tall, anthropomorphic, mischievous cat, wearing a tall, red and white striped hat, and a bowtie. He also carries an umbrella. With the series of Beginner Books that The Cat inaugurated, Seuss promoted both his name and the cause of elementary literacy in the United States.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Merchants Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE CAT IN THE HAT. [Children.] [First Edition.]
- SEUSS, Dr. [GEISEL, Theodore]
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- First Edition, First Printing
- Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Merchants Rare Books
About the Seller
About Merchants Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A hardcover in which the text block is loose, but still attached to the binding.
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc....[more]