Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: G Bell & Sons, 1934. 1st Edition . Hardcover. Very Good/No Jacket. 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall. The authorised biography of Scott, editor of the (Manchester) Guardian, by his close friend Hammond. Very good condition, bright and clean throughout. In original blue cloth, slight darkening to spine.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Journobooks (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- C.P. Scott of The Manchester Guardian
- J.L. Hammond
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- G Bell & Sons
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Journalism Editors Guardian Newspapers
- Bookseller catalogs
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2019
Grange Park, London
Ask Seller a Question
Our original speciality was books about journalism, journalists, newspapers and other media (hence the name) and we still have a good stock of hard-to-find books in that field. Over time we have added a wide variety of other collectible volumes, some of which we sell on behalf of the charity Friends Of Morston Church (reg.1099831). Our goal is to offer the best value for money on Biblio, ie. the lowest price for the condition and quality of the book. We are enthusiastic collectors as well as sellers so know all about the pitfalls of online buying as well as the joys. We wiil try to make your buying experience as easy and as pleasant as possible.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]