Dakota Territory 1861-1889: A Study of Frontier Politics
by LAMAR, Howard Roberts
- Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Fargo: Institute for Regional Studies / North Dakota State University. Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket. 1997. Hardcover. 0911042474 . A 1997 reprint edition of the original 1956 Yale University Press edition. The author describes developments in the political history of the Dakota Territory, prior to statehood. Includes discussion of railroads, new settlers, oligarchs, corruption, unrest among farmers and other topics. With a foreword, two introductions and two prefaces. Also with a few black & white illustrations and maps. --- In full brown cloth-covered boards with gilt-stamped cover & spine titling. Volume wrapped in jacket with photo of a mounted cattleman displaying both rifle and revolver. --- An excellent copy: clean, bright and newish. Jacket with a little back panel soiling, otherwise bright and newish and wrapped in removable archival mylar protector.; Octavo - 8 to 9 in. tall; xxvi, 302 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Dakota Territory 1861-1889: A Study of Frontier Politics
- LAMAR, Howard Roberts
- Book condition
- Used - Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Institute for Regional Studies / North Dakota State University
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>American History & Politics;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]