The Eighth Circle
by Ellin, Stanley
- very good
- Very Good/Very Good
Woodstock, Illinois, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Random House, 1958. First Edition. Hardcover. Very Good/Very Good. Signed by Ellin on the title page. Very Good in a Very Good jacket, unclipped ($3.50), generally toned and with some soiling on the back, pen mark on the front. Black cloth, some mottling, with gilt and orange ink lettering and designs on the spine. Square and firmly bound with a black top stain, Adrian Homer Goldstone bookplate inside the front board, toned pages, clean otherwise. Ellin's Edgar Award-winning novel about Murray Kirk and his involvement a police corruption case.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Carpetbagger Books, IOBA (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Eighth Circle
- Ellin, Stanley
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket Condition
- Very Good
- Quantity Available
- First Edition
- Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Mystery Fiction, Detective Fiction, Crime, Hardboiled, Noir, 20th Century Fiction, American Fiction, Racketeering, Gambling, Corruption, Police
Terms of Sale
Carpetbagger Books, IOBA
All items are returnable for a refund within 30 days of receipt.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2018
Ask Seller a Question
About Carpetbagger Books, IOBA
Based in the far northwest reaches of the Chicago suburbs, Carpetbagger Books specializes in literary fiction and modern firsts. Inventory is updated weekly, if not more frequently, so browse often. If you are after something particular, don't hesitate to communicate: not all inventory is uploaded online.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...