Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Westminster, England: Charles J. Sawyer Ltd., 1927. 1st Edition 1st Printing. Hardcover. Near Fine/Very Good. 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall. Two volume set, with one hundred illustration. Vol. 1 Caxton to Johnson, Vol. 2 Gray to Kipling. Both books are in near fine condition , with wear to spine ends and corners. Bound in red Buckram with gold lettering, top edges gilt. jackets are VG + with minor wear to extremities, now mylar protected. They are price guides and shows the romantic side of book collecting. A great set of a rare collectible.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Oshtemo Book Sellers (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- English Books 1475-1900
- Charles J. Sawyer and F. J> harvey Darton
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition 1st Printing
- Charles J. Sawyer Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Westminster, England
- Date published
- Books on Books. 2000 sets
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Oshtemo Book Sellers
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2017
Ask Seller a Question
About Oshtemo Book Sellers
Rare finds with an emphasis on fiction, art, and signed first-editions. Oshtemo Book Sellers has an eye for quality and quirk.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]
- A plain weave fabric normally made from cotton or linen which is stiffened with starch or other chemicals to cover the book...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]