AN ESSAY CONCERNING HUMAN UNDERSTANDING.Two Volumes
by Locke, John. Edited By Alexander Campbell Fraser
- near fine
- Near Fine
Sun City West, Arizona
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An Essay Concerning Human Understanding is one of John Locke's two most famous works, the other being his Second Treatise on Civil Government. First appearing in 1690, the essay concerns the foundation of human knowledge and understanding. He describes the mind at birth as a blank slate (tabula rasa, although he did not use those actual words) filled later through experience.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Charles Parkhurst Rare Books, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- AN ESSAY CONCERNING HUMAN UNDERSTANDING.Two Volumes
- Locke, John. Edited By Alexander Campbell Fraser
- Hard Cover
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Quantity available
- The Clarendon Press
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Charles Parkhurst Rare Books, Inc.
Shipping costs are extra and will be billed at cost according to customer's shipping preference with tracking availability. For all European countries, please provide a phone number. If by surface, please allow sufficient travel time for arrival. For approximate shipping cost by weight, destination and approximate travel time please contact us. All items are subject to prior sale. If you are interested in an item, we encourage you to inquire promptly. Personal checks must clear prior to shipment. All items sent on approval and have a ten day return privilege for any reason. Please notify us prior to returning. All returns must be properly packaged and insured. All items must be returned in same condition as sent.
About the Seller
About Charles Parkhurst Rare Books, Inc.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]