An Everyman Anthology, of Excerpts Grave and Gay from Everyman's Library to Celebrate its Diamond Jubilee MCMLXVI (Everyman's Library #663)
by PRIESTLEY, J. B. (introduction)
- Very Good in Good dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London / New York: Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.. Very Good in Good dust jacket. 1966. Hardcover. A special collection of excerpts taken from the pages of the Everyman's Library series over its first 60 years of publication. This anthology in a special binding, with unique endpapers and spine ornamentation. Includes an introduction by J. B. Priestley. Indexed. --- A possible first edition, but not so stated or indicated. In full green cloth with titling in gilt on maroon spine block; and with gilt spine decorations. Jacket features detail from a painting by Rachel Ruysch. Everyman's Library #663. --- With prior owner's signatures to front endpapers, bookseller price sticker to front paste-down; otherwise a clean, tightly-bound copy. Price-clipped jacket with chafing and rubbing to extremities, else intact and protected in removable clear mylar wrapper.; 12mo (7 to 7-1/2 in. tall); 256 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- An Everyman Anthology, of Excerpts Grave and Gay from Everyman's Library to Celebrate its Diamond Jubilee MCMLXVI (Everyman's Library #663)
- PRIESTLEY, J. B. (introduction)
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good in Good dust jacket
- Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.
- Place of Publication
- London / New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Books About Books and Words;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]