Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Bath: B. & J.F. Meehan In 2 Volumes: Vol. 1 (1901) with an appreciative introduction by THE MARQUESS OF DUFFERIN AND AVA xiv + 228pp (including list of subscribers) illustrated with about 60 reproductions of original drawings and prints- Rear cover bears a damp stain to lower half without affecting contents, and head and tail of spine frayed and worn else bright and internally very fresh with previous owner's signature to f.e.p.; Internal hinge cracked exposing stitching but sound otherwise; Vol. 2 (1906) with an introduction by CASTLE, EGERTON xvi + 248pp (including list of subscribers) in very good condition with foxing to eps and advertisement tipped in between front pastedown and f.e.p. and bearing previous owner's signature to f.e.p. and with 50 illustrations. Head and tail of spine chipped and frayed else very good with gilt lettering to red cloth; Both volumes limited to 500 copies;This is a heavy item. Please contact for shipping costs.. First Edition. Cloth. 8vo.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Weathered Stone Books (IE)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- FAMOUS HOUSES OF BATH AND DISTRICT (In 2 Volumes)
- MEEHAN, J.F
- Book condition
- Jacket condition
- No d/w
- First Edition
- B. & J.F. Meehan
- Place of Publication
- Bath, England; Architecture;
Terms of Sale
Weathered Stone Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2018
Ask Seller a Question
About Weathered Stone Books
In operation since 1982 as The Winding Stair Bookshop, Dublin until 2005. Then in USA as Wandering Star Books an online bookseller also conducting appraisals for private collectors and institutions. Now back in Ireland and living in beautiful Sligo with views of the Atlantic and selling online.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- tipped in
- Tipped In is used to describe something which has been glued into a book. Tipped-in items can include photos, book plates,...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]