Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 -- First State
by Thompson, Hunter S
- very good
- Very Good/Very Good
Sacramento, California, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream is a novel by Hunter S. Thompson, illustrated by Ralph Steadman. The book is a roman à clef, rooted in autobiographical incidents. The story follows its protagonist, Raoul Duke, and his attorney, Dr. Gonzo, as they descend on Las Vegas to chase the American Dream through a drug-induced haze. The novel first appeared as a two-part series in Rolling Stone magazine in 1971, was printed as a book the same year, and was later adapted into a film of the same name in 1998 starring Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro. According to The New York Times, Fear and Loathing "cemented Mr. Thompson's place as a singular presence in American journalism or, as he once called himself, 'a connoisseur of edge work.'"
Read More: Identifying first editions of Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 -- First State
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Magus Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 -- First State
- Thompson, Hunter S
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket Condition
- Very Good
- Quantity Available
- 1st Edition 1st Printing
- Straight Arrow Books
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About Magus Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- First State
- used in book collecting to refer to a book from the earliest run of a first edition, generally distinguished by a change in some...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....