Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Dodd, Mead & Company, 1918. Hardcover, green pictorial cloth stamped in gold and black. 331 pages. Deckle edged papes. Illustrated with frontispiece and sixteen full page tinted plates by Allan G. Cram. First edition, with same date on title and copyright page. No previous ownership marks. Spine moderately faded, not affecting black lettering. A square, sound, tight and clean copy, text and illustrations unmarked. Good+. . First Edition. Hardcover. Good+/No Jacket. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Great Expectations Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Fifth Avenue
- Maurice, Arthur Bartlett
- Book condition
- Used - Good+
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- First Edition
- Dodd, Mead & Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- New York City
- Bookseller catalogs
- New York City;
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Great Expectations Rare Books
All books are described in general dealer terms and we make every effort to list descriptions accurately and conservatively. Books may be returned for any reason within 10 days. We ask that customers email us before returning items. For oversize books, multi-volume titles and sets postage will charged accordingly and customer contacted with additional postage costs.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2005
Staten Island, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Great Expectations Rare Books
We carry a general stock of antiquarian books with a focus on Charles Dickens, 19th and 20th century literature, history and biography.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined...[more]
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.