Flaxman's Classical Compositions: The Iliad of Homer; The Odyssey of Homer;Works & Days, and Theogony of Hesiod; and The Tragedies of Aeschylus.
by John Flaxman
Hudson, New York
Standard Delivery: 3 to 10 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The binding has a richly gilt border around both covers with gilt inner dentelles on the leather turn-ins; marbled paper end-papers. All edges gilt.
Size of binding: 11 in. wide x 17 1/8 in. tall x 2 3/4 in. thick. All of the engravings are on heavy stock. The book itself weighs over 13 pounds.
Condition: The book, the cover and the binding are in very good condition, but there is scattered spotting, heaviest on the plates towards the front and back of the book (please see photos) -
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Phantom Tollbooth (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Flaxman's Classical Compositions
- John Flaxman
- John Flaxman
- Book condition
- Used - VG
- Quantity available
- Longman, Hurst, et al.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Sculpture, British, engraved, Classical, Homer, Greek, tragedy, museum, Royal, Academy, London
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives damaged or not as described.
About the Seller
About Phantom Tollbooth
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- marbled paper
- Decorative colored paper that imitates marble with a veined, mottled, or swirling pattern. Commonly used as the end papers or...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]