Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
It is difficult to think of any home that can do without Elizabeth David's FRENCH PROVINCIAL COOKING...One could cook for a lifetime on the book alone' - Observer Elizabeth David succeeds in inducing a desire to use each recipe as soon as it is read. Whether she is describing the preparation of a plain green salad, or the marinading of a haunch of wild boar, she writes with the same imaginative directness. Recipes like 'pot au feu' are described in all their delicious simplicity, which, it is made clear, means cooking without elaboration and has nothing to do with the higgledy piggledy 'let's hope it's all right' technique. Some excellent advice is included on the choice of the tools that would always be needed in any kitchen.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Mammy Bears Books (AU)
- Seller Inventory #
- French Provincial Cooking
- David Elizabeth
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- Michael Joseph
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Home & Garden; Cookbooks;
Terms of Sale
Mammy Bears Books
I do my utmost to describe my books accurately, please read the description
The picture forms an important part of the description, please view the image carefully. Thanks
Book prices are net in Australian dollars, Shipping Rates are at cost and sent tracked with Australia Post.
SHIPPING ESTIMATES ARE BASED ON 500g PACKAGES.
MammyBearsBooks has individual book shipping costs already calculated.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
About Mammy Bears Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]