The Giver (Newbery Award)
by Lowry, Lois
- near fine
Standard Delivery: 5 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
This was a classic long before it became a movie about the hidden problems of creating a utopian society.
- D'Qualitas Books, Et. Al. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Giver (Newbery Award)
- Lowry, Lois
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Houghton Mifflin Company
- Place of Publication
- Boston, MA USA
- Date published
- children, fiction, science fiction
- Bookseller catalogs
- Newbery Medal Books/Newberry Honor Books;
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
D'Qualitas Books, Et. Al.
See Biblio 30 day return policy. If you have questions or are dissatisfied for any reason, please contact us immediately, and we will do our best to resolve the problem. All discretionary returns are decided on a case by case basis. Please contact D'Qualitas Books within 10 days of receipt of the book for prior authorization on any returns. Returned books must be packaged in durable materials for their protection.
Domestic Shipping : Shipping to USA is by U.S. post office media mail and based upon a book and its packaging weighing no more than 2.2 lbs. Extra books are $1.50 per book. It may take longer than the number of days listed to ship to Alaska, Hawaii, or US possessions. Oversized, heavy, or multi-volume books will incur extra fees which will be determined before the book is shipped, and the customer will be informed if there are extra charges.
International Shipping (Expedited shipping, Priority Mail International): All books listed for sale internationally by our company are shipped by Priority Mail International in priority mail international boxes(small, medium, or large) and must fit into one of these 3 box sizes with adequate packaging or will not be shipped internationally. Books or ephemera usually arrive at the destination between 6- 15 days. The shipping fee will be determined when the book is ordered and before it is shipped. The shipping fee is based upon a book and its packaging weighing 3 lbs. Shipping fees may be reduced or increased before the book is shipped. The customer will be informed of any increased or reduced shipping fees before the book is shipped. The shipping fee is dependent upon the weight, size, and country of destination. . Books exceeding $200 are not shipped internationally. Taxes, duties, and any other fees will be the buyer's responsibility. Before ordering books or ephemera, please check to see if your country is on the excluded (non-approved) list before placing an order. Certain countries are excluded from the priority mail international list. Our company does not ship books to countries on the non-approved (excluded) list.
About the Seller
About D'Qualitas Books, Et. Al.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- Refers to a state where the spine of a book is lightly "twisted" in such a way that the front and rear boards of a book do not...[more]
- remainder mark
- Usually an ink marking of some sort which indicates that the book was designated a remainder. In most cases, it can be found on...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]