THE GOLD FISH OF GRAN CHIMU
by Lummis, Charles F. (Inscribed by Lummis, and dated "Oct. 17, '96" on front fly leaf)
- very good
- Very good
Los Angeles, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
18 mo. (6 5/8 by 4 1/4 inches) Boston and New York: Lamson, Wolffe, and Company, 1896. First American Edition. Hardcover, cloth. 126 pages, with black and white illustrations by Henry Sandham, R.C.A. based on photographs made by Lummis; very good condition, decorative cloth binding, title and author in gilt on upper front cover next to a representation of a South American idol. Title and author in gilt on spine; top edge gilt. One very small 1/8 inch area of minor wear to lower spine, not affecting contents.
Stories about adventures in Peru, and " . . . attempts to frustrate archaeological investigations . . . . "
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Caravan Book Store (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- THE GOLD FISH OF GRAN CHIMU
- Lummis, Charles F. (Inscribed by Lummis, and dated "Oct. 17, '96" on front fly leaf)
- Hardcover, cloth
- Book Condition
- Used - Very good
- Quantity Available
- First American Edition
- Lamson, Wolffe, and Company
- Place of Publication
- Boston and New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Old and Rare; Travel; Association Copy; Adventure; signed by author; First Edition; Antiquarian; Charles F. Lummis; Archaeology;
Terms of Sale
Caravan Book Store
About the Seller
About Caravan Book Store
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Top Edge Gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pages...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...