Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Looking back to those days of old, ere the gate shut behind me, I can see now that to children with a proper equipment of parents these things would have worn a different aspect. But to those whose nearest were aunts and uncles, a special attitude of mind may be allowed. They treated us, indeed, with kindness enough as to the needs of the flesh, but after that with indifference (an indifference, as I recognise, the result of a certain stupidity), and therewith the commonplace conviction that your child is merely animal.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Knickerbocker Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Golden Age
- Grahame, Kenneth
- Shepard, Ernest H.
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- First Thus
- John Lane, The Bodley Head Limited
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fiction, Literature, Literary Crit; Children's & Illustrated;
Terms of Sale
All books subject to prior sale. Payment must be received within 10 days of the order or item will be returned to stock. We directly accept PayPal, money orders, bank checks, personal checks (allow time to clear); or AmEx, Discover, MasterCard, Visa credit cards through Biblio.com. International orders must be paid in US dollars and can be paid via PayPal, credit card (through ABE), or International Money Order payable through U.S. banks or U.S. Post Office. Order with confidence. Your purchase will be carefully packaged to protect it during shipping. Satisfaction guaranteed. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value.
About the Seller
About Knickerbocker Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]