The Gunslinger: The Dark Tower, Book One
by Stephen King
- near fine
- Near Fine/Near Fine
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Carrollton, Texas, United States
More Shipping Options
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Red boards with black writing on spine; bottom of book spine has extremely small ding. Lower corner of back board also has extremely small ding; illustrations on interior of front and back boards, as well as inside book, drawn by Michael Whelan. Slight shelf wear on top of dust jacket spine; ISBN on lower part of front dust jacket flap. Book has overall tight binding and pages still look in excellent condition.
Grant First Edition, Third Printing as indicated by "Third Printing - 1998" on copyright page. The third printing of this book originally came in a boxed set that includes Books 1-3 of the Dark Tower Series. This copy is in one of the best conditions I've seen.
King's first story in his classic The Dark Tower series. Hardcover and original unclipped dust jacket protected by archival Mylar cover.
A lavishly funded, security-conscious nanotechnology institute in the foothills of the Rockies, Nano is ahead of the curve in the competitive world of molecular manufacturing, including the construction of microbivores, tiny nanorobots with the ability to gobble up viruses and bacteria. But when Pia Grazdani takes a job there, she’s shocked by the secretive corporate culture. She’s warned by her boss not to investigate the other work being done at the gigantic facility, nor to ask questions about the source of the seemingly endless capital that funds the institute’s research. And when Pia encounters a fellow employee on a corporate jogging path suffering the effects of a seizure, she soon realizes she may have literally stumbled upon Nano’s human guinea pigs. Is the tech giant on the cusp of one of the biggest medical discoveries of the twenty-first centurya treatment option for millionsor have they already sold out to the highest bidder?
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Sherlock Joe's Book Hunting (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Gunslinger
- Stephen King
- Michael Whelan
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket Condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity Available
- First Edition; Third Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Donald M Grant
- Place of Publication
- West Kingston, Ri
- Date Published
- stephen king; the gunslinger; dark tower; michael whelan
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fiction; Fantasy;
Terms of Sale
Sherlock Joe's Book Hunting
About the Seller
About Sherlock Joe's Book Hunting
The game is afoot!
I focus on modern first edition, first printings, but have been lately finding first editions, later printings of older novels in my inventory. I'm also highlighting a lot of signed books that I've found.
I will also gladly search for and offer well-priced books of all kinds. If there's something you'd love to have, either send me a message here or go to https://cases.sherlockjoes.com and Open a Case!
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
This Book’s Categories
- Bindings & Editions Modern First Editions
- Fiction & Literature Individual Authors Stephen King
- Fiction & Literature Modern Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Thrillers
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Science Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Fantasy
- Fiction & Literature Horror & Supernatural Fiction