In the Heart of the Heart of the Country (Signed First Edition)
by William Gass
- Like New
Frederick, Maryland, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Extended Description and Notes
Harper & Row, Publishers, 1968. Hardcover. Like New. Collectible first edition, first printing of William Gass' compilation of five short stories titled and including his classic "In the Heart of the Heart of the Country." Per Harper's practice of designating first editions, "FIRST EDITION" so stated on copyright page. A-S code. Signed by Gass in black ink with no inscription on title page. Signature unconditionally guaranteed to pass any COA examination. Includes first state dust jacket with $4.95 price to top of front flap and 0268 date to bottom. Complete as issued. Included in Callil and Tobin's The Modern Library: The 200 Best Novels in English Since 1950. Tight, immaculate copy. Extremities crisp. Unmarked front to back. Dust jacket near flawless. A remarkably beautiful copy of Gass' masterpiece. Photographs of or additional information about this item are available on request. All inquiries answered promptly.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
Orders securely packaged and shipped within 2 business days with USPS tracking number and delivery confirmation. All items guaranteed as described. Returns accepted within 30 days. PayPal preferred (but not required) if paying by credit card. Checks and money orders also accepted.
About the Seller
About Midnight Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...
- First State
- used in book collecting to refer to a book from the earliest run of a first edition, generally distinguished by a change in some...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.