History of the English People, Volume III: Puritan England 1603-1660, The Revolution 1660-1683 (Volume 3 only of 4 volume set)
by GREEN, John Richard
- very good
- Very Good
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Chicago: Belford, Clarke & Co.. Very Good. 1883. Hardcover. Volume III only of the four-volume set, originally published in 1874 under the title "A Short History of the English People" which covered the period from the year 607 through 1815. This installment focuses on the Puritans 1603-1660, and the "English Revolution" (English Civil War) and its aftermath, 1660 to 1760. With engraved illustrations. Two maps listed in table of contents are not present. --- In dark cloth-covered boards with gilt-stamped spine titling and black and gilt decorations to cover and spine; top edge gilt and with olive floral endpapers. --- With tears to paper covering of hinges, but binding remains tight; some soiling and rubbing to covers but overall a sound copy.; Small Octavo - 7-1/2 to 8 in. tall; 430 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- History of the English People, Volume III: Puritan England 1603-1660, The Revolution 1660-1683 (Volume 3 only of 4 volume set)
- GREEN, John Richard
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Belford, Clarke & Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>England, UK and UK History;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]