THE HISTORY OF EUROPE. FRENCH REVOLUTION THROUGH THE BOURBONS. Leather Set. Complete in 20 volumes
by Allison, Archibald
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: William Blackwood & Sons, 1898. 7th Edition. Bound in full calf leather bindings. Bound and signed by Simms and Son Bindery in Bath. Gilded spines. Leather labels. Gilded frame to covers. Printed on quality paper. Marbled edges and end papers. Publisher's marginal notes. Engraved frontis portrait. Just under 7.25 inches tall. These take up 23 inches of shelf space. In good condition externally. Very good condition internally. There is some general shelf wear as shown. Some chips. The hinges are starting but held firmly by the underlying cords. There is some archival restoration. Some general shelf wear / rubs. Some chips, the largest on volume 20, as shown. Some minor foxing upfront. There is no writing or previous names. This is an exceptional set, bound in the highest quality, full calf leather bindings. Full leather bindings were more expensive to produce and are highly desirable. This set displays beautifully. This set would make an excellent gift and/or addition to any fine library. In addition to their shelf presence, antiquarian books make an excellent investment. We always pack very securely to help ensure safe handling during transit. All books are individually wrapped and are always professionally padded. We offer a full refund guarantee, per our terms described on our site, with notification of such intent requested. Please contact us with any inquiries.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Merchants Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- THE HISTORY OF EUROPE. FRENCH REVOLUTION THROUGH THE BOURBONS. Leather Set. Complete in 20 volumes
- Allison, Archibald
- Book condition
- 7th Edition
- William Blackwood & Sons
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Merchants Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2020
Ask Seller a Question
About Merchants Rare Books
Merchants Rare Books, established in 2003, buys and sells rare and antiquarian books, with an emphasis on first editions and fine antiquarian sets from the 17th - 19th centuries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is... [More]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat the... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]