Honiton Lace: A Visual Approach: Double signed copy
by Elsie Luxton,Yusai Fukuyama. Signed by Luxton and (understood to be) Fukuyama
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Budleigh Salterton, Devon, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
This is a new approach to the craft of Honiton lace, presenting 40 new patterns in a visual format - through diagrams, prickings and photographs, explaining how to use the book in 5 languages. Every pattern has also been illustrated with a photograph of the "right" and "wrong" side of the lace, avoiding the usual need to make a mental reversal. There are also diagrams of the working order, the numbering of pairs and pricking. The patterns include both flat and raised work, with every design displayed together on a single spread. The book is aimed at the lace maker with a sound basic knowledge of the craft. Yusai Fukuyama has taught and written on many aspects of lace and is a former student of Elsie Luxton who was awarded MBE in 1984 for her services to lace making. They have also written "Royal Honiton Lace".
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- greaves-leaves (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Honiton Lace: A Visual Approach
- Elsie Luxton,Yusai Fukuyama. Signed by Luxton and (understood to be) Fukuyama
- Hardback and Wrapper
- Book Condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket Condition
- Quantity Available
- First edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- B T Batsford
- Place of Publication
- London, UK
- Date Published
- Lace, Lacemaking, Honiton, Devon, Signed, Luxton, Fukuyama, First, Hardback.
- Bookseller catalogs
- hobbies & pastimes; Signed;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...