Howdy Doody and Clarabell (Signed by Clarabell and Others) First Edition
by Edward Kean
- very good
- Very Good
Frederick, Maryland, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Extended Description and Notes
Simon and Schuster, 1951. Hardcover. Very Good. Collectible first edition, first printing of Edward Kean's Howdy Doody and Clarabell, A Little Golden Book. "A" near bottom of gutter on last page. Signed four times. Book plate mounted on front pastedown: "The Voice," writer of the Howdy Doody Show, Eddie Kean (script writer and author). Title page: "[doodle of Clarabell] Clarabell | Lew Andrews" (Clarabell actor). Book plate mounted on front pastedown: "E. Roger Muir | Executive Producer of the 2343 NBC | Network Howdy's." Second book plate mounted on back pastedown: "Velma Dawson" (artist who built original Howdy Doody puppet). All signatures unconditionally guaranteed to pass any COA examination. Illustrated throughout by astounding artist Art Seiden. 28 pp. 8" x 6 5/8". Tight, unmarked copy with minimal shelf wear and light age toning to internals. A very presentable copy of an important TV collectible. Photographs of or additional information about this item are available on request. All inquiries answered promptly.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Midnight Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Howdy Doody and Clarabell (Signed by Clarabell and Others) First Edition
- Edward Kean
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity Available
- Simon and Schuster
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Orders securely packaged and shipped within 2 business days with USPS tracking number and delivery confirmation. All items guaranteed as described. Returns accepted within 30 days. PayPal preferred (but not required) if paying by credit card. Checks and money orders also accepted.
About the Seller
About Midnight Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The inside margin of a book, connecting the pages to the joints near the binding.