The Hunting Of The Snark : Presentation Copy Signed By The Author
by Carroll, Lewis
- Very Good++
Market Harborough, Leicestershire
Standard Delivery: 14 to 21 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
If-and the thing is wildly possible-the charge of writing nonsense were ever brought against the author of this brief but instructive poem, it would be based, I feel convinced, on the line (in p.4)
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Ashton Rare Books ABA, PBFA, ILAB (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Hunting Of The Snark : Presentation Copy Signed By The Author
- Carroll, Lewis
- Holiday, Henry
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good++
- Quantity available
- First UK Edition
- Macmillan and Co, London
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Carroll, Snark, Holiday
Terms of Sale
Ashton Rare Books ABA, PBFA, ILAB
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Ashton Rare Books ABA, PBFA, ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an...[more]
- Vellum is a sheet of specialty prepared skin of lamb, calf, or goat kid used for binding a book or for printing and writing. ...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]