Illuminated Manuscripts: Tristan and Isolde
by BISE, Gabriel (text)
- Near Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Miller Graphics / Crown Publishing. Near Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket. 1978. Hardcover. This work offers reproductions from the illuminated manuscripts of the famous 12th-century poem "Tristan and Isolde," telling the story of the ill-fated lovers. The original, prepared in 1410, is now the property of the National Library of Austria. Per the jacket flap, it was first owned by the Duc de Berry (or John, Duke of Berry (13401416), the legendary French prince). This volume contains color reproductions of these famous miniatures, alongside the text of Gabriel Bise. With an introduction by Dagmar Thoss. --- In tan linen-finish paper-covered boards with gilt-stamped spine titling and blue and gold-toned endpapers. Jacket with a representative image from this work. --- An excellent, about Near Fine copy: clean, tightly-bound and bright. Jacket also in very nice condition, though with a few creases.; Small Quarto - 9 to 11 in. tall; 125 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Illuminated Manuscripts: Tristan and Isolde
- BISE, Gabriel (text)
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine in Very Good+ dust jacket
- Miller Graphics / Crown Publishing
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]