The Illustrated Life & Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby (Companion edition to Royal Shakespeare Company production for television)
by DICKENS, Charles
- Very Good+ with no dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Macmillan Publishing Co., Inc.. Very Good+ with no dust jacket. 1982. Hardcover. 0025313509 . An illustrated reprint edition of the third novel by Charles Dickens (1812-1870), first published serially beginning in 1838. "Nicholas Nickleby" is centered around a young man who, due to the death of his father, must support his mother and sister. It has been described as "perhaps the funniest novel in the English language" by Peter Ackroyd; while it also takes on the serious social issue of the maltreatment of children in English boarding schools. With many of the original engraved illustrations by "Phiz". This edition produced in conjunction with a television production of the novel by the Royal Shakespeare Company, and with several color plates showing the actors therefrom as they portray the various characters in the novel. --- In linen-finish maroon paper-covered boards with gilt-stamped spine titling. Volume lacks the dust jacket. --- With prior owner's embossed stamp to front free endpaper, minor chafing to edges of covers, otherwise a clean, tightly-bound, unmarked copy.; Tall Octavo - 9 to 10 in. tall; (12), 420 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Illustrated Life & Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby (Companion edition to Royal Shakespeare Company production for television)
- DICKENS, Charles
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+ with no dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Macmillan Publishing Co., Inc.
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]