Joe Pine (Signed by Elbert A. Smith) RLDS
by Elbert A. Smith
- very good
- Very Good
Frederick, Maryland, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Extended Description and Notes
Herald Publishing House, Lamoni, Iowa, 1916. Hardcover. Very Good. Grandson of Latter Day Saints founder Joseph Smith, Jr. Elbert A. Smith's Mormon-themed novel, Joe Pine. First edition signed by Elbert A. Smith on frontis recto thus: "Sincerely yours | Elbert A. Smith." Signature unconditionally guaranteed to pass any COA examination. Smith was a leader in the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (RLDS), also a member of the church's First Presidency from 1909 to 1938 and the Presiding Patriarch of the church from 1938 to 1958. Bound in olive cloth with black lettering and decorations to front and spine panels, ruled in red. Collation: [blank, 2] [half title page] [blank] [frontis recto] [frontis] [title page] [copyright page] [dedication page] [table of contents]  10-351 . Eight illustrated plates, all present. Complete as issued. Scarce. 352 pp. 8" x 5 1/2". Tight, unmarked copy with light shelf wear, slightly bumped corners and light wrinkling to head and tail of spine panel. Faint age toning to internals. Ownership inscription to front free endpaper. An especially presentable copy of an important RLDS collectible. Photographs of or additional information about this item are available on request. All inquiries answered promptly.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
Orders securely packaged and shipped within 2 business days with USPS tracking number and delivery confirmation. All items guaranteed as described. Returns accepted within 30 days. PayPal preferred (but not required) if paying by credit card. Checks and money orders also accepted.
About the Seller
About Midnight Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- The heel of the spine.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
- The page on the right side of a book, with the term Verso used to describe the page on the left side.
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.