John Colter: His Years in the Rockies
by HARRIS, Burton
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Lincoln: A Bison Book / University of Nebraska Press. Very Good+. 1993. Softcover. 0803272642 . A 1993 softcover reprint of Burton Harris's 1952 biography of John Colter. A member of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, Colter set off on his own as a mountain man and fur trader, discovering much of the wonders of what became Yellowstone National Park. With a map of Colter's explorations and a few facsimile pages from William Clark's journals. Includes an introduction by David Lavender. --- A softcover, in white wraps with wrap-around color image of Colter greeting a band of Indians to covers. --- A clean, tightly-bound, newish copy but with prior owner's signature to first page.; Octavo - 8 to 9 in. tall; xxviii, 180 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- John Colter: His Years in the Rockies
- HARRIS, Burton
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- A Bison Book / University of Nebraska Press
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.