Life in Custer's Cavalry: Diaries and Letters of Albert and Jennie Barnitz, 1867-1868
by UTLEY, Robert M. (editor)
- Very Good+ in Very Good dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New Haven: Yale University Press. Very Good+ in Very Good dust jacket. 1977. First Edition. Hardcover. 0300020945 . A first edition of this collection of letters and diary entries by Albert and Jennie Barnitz. Albert was a Captain in the U.S. Army, serving under George Armstrong Custer in the Indian Wars of the American West. His wife Jennie attempted to stay near her new husband and lived with him at Fort Riley, Kansas. However, she was forced to return to her parents home in Cleveland when conflicts with Indians made life out west too dangerous for her. These letters document the exciting times the couple shared. Severely wounded at the Battle of Washita River in 1868, Albert retired as a colonel in 1870. Includes a handful of black & white photos. --- In brown cloth-covered boards with black spine titling. Jacket features cameo images of Albert and Jennie to front panel. --- An excellent copy: clean, tightly-bound and unmarked. Unclipped dust jacket with sunning to spine, otherwise bright and wrapped in removable mylar protector.; Tall Octavo - 9 to 10 in. tall; xiv, 302 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Life in Custer's Cavalry: Diaries and Letters of Albert and Jennie Barnitz, 1867-1868
- UTLEY, Robert M. (editor)
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+ in Very Good dust jacket
- First Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Yale University Press
- Place of Publication
- New Haven
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir; >>Military and Military Leaders;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.