by Charles Dickens
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Cover: Dark blue boards, impress of authors initials, some grazes to cover, corners bumped. Sun-fade to spine and some fraying, book stamp inside cover,
Binding: Slight crack to front hinge, binding feels loose in parts.
Text: appears to be clear, some edges are ruff cut, text small in places as edition squeezes two dickens book into one volume.
Overall: The book is in fair condition, could benefit from a tighter bind and neater cut to the text block, but apart from this it is a good reading copy of dickens work from the same century of the great Victorian novelist.
We thoroughly examine each book and try to provide as many photos and descriptions as possible; antiquarian books are sometimes sold in a poor state with inaccuracies and omissions. If you are not happy with your purchase we will give you a 30 day money back Guarantee, (no quibbles).
We can post UK and overseas, please see pricing.
Little Dorrit is a serial novel by Charles Dickens published originally between 1855 and 1857. It is a work of satire on the shortcomings of the government and society of the period. Much of Dickens' ire is focused upon the institutions of debtors' prisons & mdash ; in which people who owed money were imprisoned, unable to work, until they repaid their debts. The representative prison in this case is the Marshalsea where the author's own father had been imprisoned.
Read More: Identifying first editions of Little Dorrit
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Squeeze Gut Alley Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Little Dorrit
- Charles Dickens
- Book condition
- Used - Fair
- Quantity available
- Chapman & Hall, London
- Date Published
- Little Dorrit, Charles Dickens
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fiction > 19th Century;
Terms of Sale
Squeeze Gut Alley Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Squeeze Gut Alley Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- reading copy
- Indicates a book that is perfectly serviceable for reading. It may have a defect or damage. As such, reading copy is not... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A book with significant wear and faults. A poor condition book is still a reading copy with the full text still readable. Any... [More]
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc.... [More]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a... [More]