A Long Day in November
by Gaines, Ernest J
- Fine/Near Fine
Madison, New Jersey
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Dial Press, 1971. 137pp, brown cloth boards with titles stamped on spine in gold. Binding is tight, spine is straight, and corners are square. Pages are clean and stiff, as if fresh from the publisher. Black, textured front and rear endpapers. Black and white illustrations by Don Bolognese throughout text. Black dust jacket with titles in white and yellow on spine and jacket front. Illustration by Bolognese on front cover in white, black and yellow. Back cover features another Bolognese illustration, with a circular yellow sun above a black and white field. Jacket is crisp, with slight shelfwear to white portion of back cover. Gaines writes of his personal connection to the place and narrative in an afterword to the book. This highly uncommon title predates Gaines's popular successes with titles like The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman, which has been widely taught in high schools, and A Lesson Before Dying, which came to prominence after being added to Oprah's Book Club. After remaining out of print for decades, a paperback reissue of A Long Day in November finally appeared in 2013. . First Edition. Hardcover. Fine/Near Fine. Illus. by Don Bolognese. 8vo.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- The Chatham Bookseller, LLC (US)
- Seller’s Inventory #
- A Long Day in November
- Gaines, Ernest J
- Don Bolognese
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- First Edition
- Dial Press
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Ernest J Gaines, African-American Literature, First Edition, Young Adult Fiction, Illustrated
Terms of Sale
The Chatham Bookseller, LLC
All sales are net. Prepayment is required. Postage in USA: items will be sent Media Mail Rate ($4) unless Priority Mail is requested ($6-$8). Postage for unusually heavy or valuable books may be more. Please contact us for international rates. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt. Credit cards accepted: VISA, MC, AMEX, Discover.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Madison, New Jersey
Ask Seller a Question
About The Chatham Bookseller, LLC
The Chatham Bookseller (member ABAA, ABNJ) began in 1968, and, in 1970, opened a store at its present location in Madison, NJ. The store contains over 10,000 books in over 80 different subjects, and favors good used books and good literature (both hardcover and paperback) over popular books and bestsellers. Our Internet business began in 2001. Our Internet stock is kept on the premises but cannot be viewed as a whole. However, we can show and sell individual titles upon request. Those wishing to examine Internet books should call ahead. Store hours are 9-5:00 (Tues.-Sat.) and 12-5 (Sun.). The business is run by Jesse D. Mann.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]