Memoirs of the Life of Colonel Hutchinson (Everyman's Library #317)
by HUTCHINSON, Mrs. Lucy
- Very Good+ with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London / New York: Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.. Very Good+ with no dust jacket. [c.1908]. Hardcover. A likely first Everyman's Library edition (1908), though undated. A biography of Colonel John Hutchinson (1616-1664), written by his widow Lucy and published in 1806, well after his death. Per Ross, p.258, the Hutchinsons were a Puritan family. The Colonel served as a judge at the trial of King Charles I, and signed his death warrant. With an introduction in the form of an essay by François Guizot. Everyman's Library catalog no. 317 in their "Biography" series, edited by Ernest Rhys. --- In flatback binding style 1, full grey cloth-covered boards with elaborate Reginald Knowles-designed gilt spine titling & decorations, blindstamped J. M. Dent vignette to front cover and fancy Knowles woodcut art at title page, endpapers & frontis; brown topstain. Lacks a dust jacket. --- A sound, tightly-bound copy, but prior owners' signatures to front endpapers and creases to corners of some leaves.; 16mo - 6 to 7 in. tall; xl, 393 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Memoirs of the Life of Colonel Hutchinson (Everyman's Library #317)
- HUTCHINSON, Mrs. Lucy
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+ with no dust jacket
- Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.
- Place of Publication
- London / New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir; >>England, UK and UK History;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.