Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Saint John, NB: African Civilization Movement, 1905. Book. Very Good. Wrappers. 32-page stapled pamphlet in original blue wrappers with small vignette of sailing ship on front cover. Includes photographic frontispiece of author. Walker is described as President and Promoter of The African Civilization Movement which, on p. 1, is described as pleading "for a full measure of justice, right, and equality for all mankind". The executive committee of the association includes men from Nova Scotia as well as Saint John. Walker was a lawyer and journalist, described in the Dictionary of Canadian Biography as "the leading man of his race in the Maritimes" in the mid 1890s. Last page is membership form. Covers soiled , chips to lower spine, corner of one page missing, but text not affected, interior completely clean in this scarce publication..
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Alexander Books (ABAC/ILAB) (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Message to the Public
- Walker, A.B. (Abraham Beverley)
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- African Civilization Movement
- Place of Publication
- Saint John, NB
- Date published
- Afro Americans; Canadian History
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Alexander Books (ABAC/ILAB)
All prices quoted in US dollars. Items will be held for 10 days and shipped upon receipt of payment. Payment by cheque (U.S.A. or Canada), VISA, MC or International Money Order. Add 5% GST on Canadian Orders. Books may be returned within five days of receipt for full refund or credit, if not as described. Notification by email or fax required prior to return.Bookplates and signatures are not noted. Books are in original bindings unless otherwise noted.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2004
Ask Seller a Question
About Alexander Books (ABAC/ILAB)
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The paper covering on the outside of a paperback. Also see the entry for pictorial wraps, color illustrated coverings for...[more]
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ...[more]