Mississippi Baptist Preachers
by Foster, L. S
- Poor/No Jacket
Greensboro, North Carolina
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
St Louis MO: National Baptist Publishing Co., 1895. 1st Edition . Hardcover. Poor/No Jacket. 8vo. 750 pages. Hardcover in red cloth with title in gilt on front cover. EX-LIBRARY COPY with full markings. The binding is damped and quite worn. The headcap has a half inch chip missing. White lettering written at foot of spine. Front gutter is broken and nearly completely open . Front flyleaf is missing, title page is detached, and the paper is brittle. Names are written in pencil on last two rear flyleaves. Rear endpapers are patterned. Card pocket affixed to rear pastedown. Due date slip pasted down to rear flyleaf. Text is toned, occasional markings in text.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Pages Past Used and Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Mississippi Baptist Preachers
- Foster, L. S
- Book condition
- Used - Poor
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- National Baptist Publishing Co.
- Place of Publication
- St Louis MO
- Date Published
- 1895; L S Foster; Mississippi; Baptist Preachers; Christianity; Ministers; The South; First edition; 19th Century.
- Bookseller catalogs
- Ministers; Sermons; Americana--The South; History of Religion in America;
Terms of Sale
Pages Past Used and Rare Books
14 day return guarantee, with full refund if an item arrives mis-described or damaged. Buyer pays return shipping.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2017
Greensboro, North Carolina
Ask Seller a Question
About Pages Past Used and Rare Books
Pages Past is a small used & rare bookshop located a few blocks from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Since 1996 we have been serving the Triad community as well as customers from around the world. We have around 15-20,000 volumes in our shop. We specialize in North Carolina, Virginia, Civil War, Old Leather, Christianity, Eastern and Western Philosophies, and the simply unusual. We very likely have the oldest books in Greensboro; we keep a nice selection of antiquarian volumes and scholarly books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The inside margin of a book, connecting the pages to the joints near the binding.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]