Modern Library Price Guide 1917-2000 (Second Revised Edition, in signed hardcover with dust jacket)
by TOLEDANO, Henry
- As New in As New dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
San Francisco: Books Etc.. As New in As New dust jacket. 1999. Hardcover. A signed hardcover edition in dust jacket of Mr. Toledano's indispensable guide. A must for any Modern Library collector, this guide covers the reprinted classic works published by Boni & Liveright and later by Bennett Cerf and Donald Klopfer under their Random House imprint. Includes all varieties of editions of the ML series: traditional hardcovers, ML Giants, flex cloth, illustrated, paperback and "modern" ISBN-style versions. With information about covers, Toledano spine numbers, designers, issuance numbers, pricing information, dating tips and dust jackets. Initially, the layout of this work makes it difficult to decipher, but with use becomes indispensable to the collector or bookseller. --- Stated 2nd Revised Edition, 1999. With several pages of black & white photographs. Signed by the late Henry Toledano on half title page. In black, white and grey paper-covered boards with images of various ML spines in black and white on cover. Jacket front and back with color photos of spines and front panels of various ML titles. --- A new, tightly-bound, bright copy lacking apparent damages. Jacket bright, undamaged and wrapped in removable archival mylar protector.; Octavo - 8 to 9 in. tall; 192 pages; Signed by Author .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Modern Library Price Guide 1917-2000 (Second Revised Edition, in signed hardcover with dust jacket)
- TOLEDANO, Henry
- Book condition
- new As New in As New dust jacket
- Books Etc.
- Place of Publication
- San Francisco
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Books About Books and Words;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]