Morte Darthur Portfolio: Reproductions of Eleven Designs Omitted from the First Edition of Le Morte Darthur Illustrated by Aubrey Beardsley ..
by Malory, Sir Thomas; Aubrey Beardsley
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
A publisher's note is followed by a note on the designs by R. A. Walker, and note on Aubrey Beardsley by Aymer Vallance. The eleven omitted designs are followed by a reproduction of the Merlin illustration as well as a sketch for an unused cover design and the cover design used for the issued parts. Thus there are 14 designs in all.
This is a near fine copy with only a trace of soil, a few tiny pinholes in the hinges, and some yawning of the boards. and free of the foxing that dogs this title. Scarce thus. The illustrations have offset to the facing pages as usual.
Gaines, A14 c.1.b.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Thorn Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Morte Darthur Portfolio: Reproductions of Eleven Designs Omitted from the First Edition of Le Morte Darthur Illustrated by Aubrey Beardsley ..
- Malory, Sir Thomas; Aubrey Beardsley
- Book Condition
- Used - Fine
- Quantity Available
- Limited edition
- J. M. Dent & Sons Limited
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Rare Books; Arthurian;
Terms of Sale
All books returnable for any reason within seven days, providing only that they are received in the same condition as shipped. Shipments to an Arizona address must add appropriate sales tax. Libraries billed.
About the Seller
About Thorn Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Vellum is a sheet of specialty prepared skin of lamb, calf, or goat kid used for binding a book or for printing and writing. ...
- A technique of printing where the inked image or text is ...
Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year