Observations on the epidemical diseases in Minorca. From the Year 1744, to 1749. To which is prefixed, a Short Account of the Climate, Productions, Inhabitants, and Endemial Distempers, of the Island.
by Cleghorn, George
- See description and photos
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Fourth edition. Printed for T. Cadell and G. Robinson. London. 1779. Octavo. Lacking half-title, xxiv, 311pp. Full calf, spine relaid, original boards showing small areas of surface wear. Spine in six compartments with raised bands, gilt lettering, blind tooling and leather label. Hinges reinforced. Occasional spotting. Medical Society of London stamp to title; 'Withdrawn By The Wellcome Library' to verso.
Cleghorn, George (1716–1789), physician. Stationed in Minorca 1736-1749. The comprehensive introduction which covers the Minorquines, festivals, witchcraft and evil, climate, agriculture, wine, minerals, the natural history of the island, lists of plants and animals, together with the native names of several species, is followed by seven chapters on epidemical diseases, plus weather and Meteorological tables.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Observations on the epidemical diseases in Minorca. From the Year 1744, to 1749. To which is prefixed, a Short Account of the Climate, Productions, Inhabitants, and Endemial Distempers, of the Island.
- Cleghorn, George
- Book condition
- Used - See description and photos
- Quantity available
- T. Cadell & G. Robinson
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Minorca, Balearic Islands, Spain, Medical, Anthropology
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Science; Europe; Medical; Spain and Portugal;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.