Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In Hinton's story, The Outsiders, the main character Ponyboy tells us that there are two kinds of people in the world: greasers and socs. Those who are poor and on the outside, and those who have more than they could ever use. Ponyboy struggles with the legal heat, the emotional backlash of being unacceptable to society, and maintaining the tough facadé necessary to keep alive. Ponyboy and the other greasers maintain their struggle with the soc gangs until the game finally gets too hot and someone gets killed. Books I Loved Best Yearly (BILBY) Awards for Secondary (1991)
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
The Outsiders has been required reading in all the schools I have taught. It's dated, but it can be tied into bullying, which is a hot topic now. It also helps that you can reward the kids with watching the movie after reading the book and taking the AR test.
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
About Raptis Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]