Paris Original (First Edition)
by Alexandra Orme
- very good
- Very Good
Frederick, Maryland, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Extended Description and Notes
Collectible first edition, first printing of Polish born author Alexandra Orme's debut novel, Paris Original, a tale of a poor receptionist at one of the greatest fashion houses in Paris mingling behind the scenes with world class designers. Bound in black cloth with pink lettering to front and spine panels. Pictorial dust jacket included with $3.50 price intact. Per Houghton Mifflin's practice of designating first editions, a date of publication (1954) is stated at the bottom of the title page. Precedes the 1955 UK first edition. Orme's first book, the non-fiction Come's the Comrade, was a huge success and a selection of the Book-of-the-Month Club, but her star soon faded, and Paris Original suffered through a small first printing and even smaller second printing. Thus its scarcity, especially in the original, stunningly fashionesque dust jacket. Includes 10 1/4" x 7" copy of original 1954 Birmingham News review printed on premium stock. Tight, unmarked copy with minimal shelf wear. Small area of loss to head of dust jacket spine panel and several small chips. A most presentable copy of a hard-to-find fashion collectible. Photographs of or additional information about this item are available on request. All inquiries answered promptly.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
Orders securely packaged and shipped within 2 business days with USPS tracking number and delivery confirmation. All items guaranteed as described. Returns accepted within 30 days. PayPal preferred (but not required) if paying by credit card. Checks and money orders also accepted.
About the Seller
About Midnight Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A book with significant wear and faults. A poor condition book is still a reading copy with the full text still readable. Any...